These are the noteworthy stories, in no particular order, that peaked my interest for this week.
- Creator of SecurID sues Apple, Visa over digital payment patents
- Contactless payment fraud soars to £7m
- Blackburn High School families’ details illegally downloaded in targeted attack
- Tax worker fired after biggest privacy breach at Revenue Canada
- 1.5 million students’ data leaked online, put up for sale for up to Rs60,000
- BBC fools HSBC voice recognition security system
- EU security think tank ENISA looks for IoT security, can’t find any
- Netherlands nearly up to speed in cyber-security, says readiness report
- Why Is Cybersecurity So Hard?