Today I am ending the 12 recaps series by looking ahead to the new year.
What will 2017 bring us in the fields of information security and privacy, will it be more of the same or will different topics dominate the news this year?
Another possibility is that the themes will roughly be similar but the impact and scope will change.
I will discuss a range of topics and my nine predictions for 2017 in the video below.
In the above video, the following topics are discussed:.
- Security and data breaches
- The interNOT of things (IOT)
- EU privacy laws
- cryptography and cryptowars
- Online surveillance
Other articles in this series
- Day 1: Introduction
- Day 2: security Breaches
- Day 3: The InterNOT of Things
- Day 4: Cryptography
- Day 5: Interesting facts
- Day 6: Security and privacy of social media
- Day 7: Software security
- Day 8: Information Security titbits
- Day 6: Technology impact on privacy
- Day 10: Legal privacy
- Day 11: Online surveillance